Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Is this a big no no?

Old 02-14-2017, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a big no no?

Looking around on craigslist for a motor for my swap and I came across this 5.3 thats been recently rebuilt and hasn't been used yet, guess guy said hes going in a different direction with his build. Anyways so here's my question dude looked like he sprayed the whole motor with what i'm hoping is Hi-temp paint lol but he sprayed the whole thing it looks like, and when I say whole thing I mean even where the headers go and header gaskets would be and also where the intake gaskets would be. I've never seen this before usually I see people taping off these areas before paint. I'm interested in it since its a fresh rebuilt motor but isn't painting these areas a no no? What are your guys thoughts?
Old 02-15-2017, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My first concern would be if he did the engine himself or not. If he did, ,,,,run. If he has proof of a reputable place rebuilding it, I'd at least clean the gasket surfaces that the dumbass sprayed.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah see that's what i figured lol, and he says on the post the "guy" he bought it from had it rebuilt so who knows if he even has any paperwork or receipts to back that up from the guy he bought it from. Yeah probably just going play it safe then sorry and keep searching around. Thanks man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this a big no no?