Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Door sag

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Door sag

Anyone successfully fix door hinges to fix door sag, or is it something else with door that is known to cause this on these cars? These cars as in 4th gen f bodies
Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably needs new hinge pins and bushings
Old 10-09-2017, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also check that where the hinge attaches to the door has not cracked the fiberglass. I just went through this last year. Replaced pins and bushings, still sagged. Took 2 of us closely looking at the door with the inner cover off and watching as we open/closed it to see it. Ended up buying a new donor door and repainting. Driver side.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this not adjustable through a slotted hole in the hinge somewhere? I have to do this later, as both my doors have started to wear into the paint in the door sills.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper
Also check that where the hinge attaches to the door has not cracked the fiberglass. I just went through this last year. Replaced pins and bushings, still sagged. Took 2 of us closely looking at the door with the inner cover off and watching as we open/closed it to see it. Ended up buying a new donor door and repainting. Driver side.
This happens way more than discussed. I was gonna have my neighbor do pins and bushings for me.(collision guy) He said he needs to check for cracks around the hinge area first. Sure as hell was.

Quick Reply: Door sag