Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need help identifying this hood.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Need help identifying this hood.

So a few years ago a bought a legit OEM SS hood. Another one popped up locally a few weeks ago for $120 and I snagged it for $100. I thought I struck gold.....now, not so sure.

I know to look for the number etched in under one of the hood props and the "made in Canada" letters on the underside as well as the little rub stripes up by the headlights. I saw the rub strips and didn't want to take the time unbolting the strut to check for etching but it looked just like the one I bought a few years ago.

After getting it home and out of my truck after a week or so I got a chance to really look at it. So i start with the hood strut etching....nothing, I look for the "made in Canada" letters....nothing. Looking at it side by side to my legit OEM one fit and finish is like a 95% match. Other than the markings it's dead on. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Chrisingermany; 10-23-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't see the circle with the words made in Canada or the SLP's engraving of the serial number under the hood hinge area. Also a OEM SS hood is much heavier than a aftermarket hood. Looks like a good score for a $100!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I agree, I think its a good score either way for $100. I would be even more happy if it was an OEM obviously. If this is a aftermarket hood they did one hell of a job as it looks exactly like my OEM SS minus the markings.

Quick Reply: Need help identifying this hood.