Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

IS this worth fixing?---drag car project

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default IS this worth fixing?---drag car project

ive owned this car since it had 9 miles on it. i daily drove it for 4-5 years and then built the car for a weekend fun type of car. well i ended up wrecking it in 2008 and its sat at my dads place ever since.

ive been getting the itch to built a dig race/drag strip car and wondered if you guys have FIXED something like this or seen something like this and whether or not it was fixable.

i am not by any means a frame chasis guy, i would say in this case i would need to take it to someone to fix it.

lmk what you think or what the other options may be

thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails IS this worth fixing?---drag car project-13954.jpeg   IS this worth fixing?---drag car project-13957.jpeg  
Old 10-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any sentimental value in this car? If not, you might be able to find a similar roller for much less then it would cost to repair.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

^^^^^Yes. Unless there is some sort of attachment to it I would not even consider trying to fix that thing. Your going to spend a lot of time and money and frustration getting that thing halfway right. You can score a roller on here fairly cheap.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Ya there is......but I am mlre money driven that memory...BUT 1st car I bought, wife and I had 1st date in it 17yrs ago...
I dunno it seems out of reach imo I was just seeing what y'all thought
Old 10-30-2017, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have the windows and ttops been off for a long time? Either way, your going to need a roller to either cut the parts off of or to replace the whole chassis.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it was me, I would buy a clean roller, then paint it the same as your original car. Then add all your components (engine, wheels, etc). Once it's done, I would think of it as the same car you have always had, but finally repaired. On the other side, a good body and frame shop can cut the parts off of another chassis and get your original car back on the road. But remember, an interior exposed to the elements long term may have wiring issues from corrosion. And obviously you would need to repair what ever interior bits are worn out.

Quick Reply: IS this worth fixing?---drag car project