Paint - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint

Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Paint

What should a good paint job cost? Very minimal body work would need to be done if that.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

5k easy, more if it's a color change. Hard bullet to bite.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Depends on where you live and what color you want. I've seen decent paint jobs for 3k and I've seen ones that run 20k. I've actually seen a few surprisingly good diy jobs first hand, but the amount of practice it takes to get there makes it impractical for almost everyone.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I recently paid $2600 for a basic metallic paint job (Deep Ocean Blue Metallic) on my 70 El Camino here in Shreveport, Louisiana. - Sherwin Williams was the paint used. This was paint, clear and all shop materials and was the basic cost but I did have them do some minor door and hood filler work. All in all, tax included, I got out the door for around $3300. This was done at a shop that has insurance repair work as its primary moneymaking effort but they did agree to do this job as long as I was not in a hurry to get it back - it took them about three weeks. This was not what anybody can say is a "MAACO paint job" or something from Earl Scheib.

It was a very good paint job. Not perfect, not show or museum quality. Plenty good enough for a cruiser. But also know that they did not have to do ANY dis-assembly or re-assembly for this price. That would have increased the price considerably but I can do all of that work for the savings.

Rick
Old 01-11-2019, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Typically between $4-6k for a decent job that would resemble factory paint quality.

Color change more, major damage repair more, disassemble/reassemble more, stripping the paint more.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: