Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

SS Spoiler ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Spoiler ?

I got rear-ended the day before Thanksgiving. Pretty much every piece on the rear is cracked. After nearly 3 months of BS from their insurance company, they finally approved the claim so I took it to the dealership I bought the car from to perform the body work.

Long story short, they are claiming they cannot find a 98-02 SS spoiler. I checked SLPs website, I don't see it there, I guess they don't make them anymore.

So, 2 questions: Is it possible to find a factory spoiler right now? And if not, which aftermarket piece would be the best bet?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

For the SLP spoiler you should call Dal Slabaugh or Jason Cromer to see if they can get it through GM.

Go here to find contact information:

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason
Old 02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Thanks man, I sent Dal an e-mail.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

I would want some money if they cant fix it right...

or do some yelling till you get your way
Old 02-19-2007, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

I got word drom a few different sources that slp no longer makes the 98-02 ss spoiler.

My 2 options now are find a used one (very unlikely) or go aftermarket. I'm probably going aftermarket, So, which brand have you guys had success with? I'm looking at the rk sport, any others to look at?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

I'm sorry to hear the factory wings aren't available. I didn't want to send you on a wild goose chase.

I have had four in the past three months and I can tell you to avoid boa-fx out of Royse City Texas. Totally the worst buying experience I've ever had. Three months of struggling, two malformed units and dozens upon dozens of emails and phone calls that went unanswered. I ended up contacting the AG buyer protection agency. At the least I ended up with something. What I ended up with though, I will have to sell at a large loss if it can be sold at all.

At times there are composite spoilers offered on ebay; these may be better formed and less likely to be warped; at least that's what they advertise. I see none right now though. If insurance is paying for the replacement, you can get what you want and have a good body shop finish the installation. The work to get it right may well cost twice the part.

If you need the 12 inch LED 3rd brake light, Hawk's third gen parts sells them for half what they go for from a GM dealership. I wish you luck with this and hope to hear some good news.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep you are correct GM/SLP no longer have them. Your only bet it to buy one off EBay I did see an OEM one for like $300 (I think buy it now) if not you will be forced to buy an aftermarket one.

My buddy picked up an aftermarket one off EBay the fit and finish were great it looks exactly like the OEM SS spoiler put up next to the OEM you cannot tell the difference. The cost was like $220 with shipping and it came with all hardware plus the 3rd brake light.

Below a fellow member has the same spoiler

Check out this thread a side by side comparison of the aftermarket one and OEM
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/625575-oem-vs-aftermarket-ss-spoiler-side-side-comparisons.html

Check this thread more pics of his spoiler and who he purchased from on EBay
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/545783-pics-ss-spoiler-finally.html

Good luck
Old 02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Launching!

just be patient and watch the for sale section, unfortunately these cars get totalled at a sad rate, so they show up pretty frequently. You shouldn't pay anything more than $300 for a used one though, since you'll have to have it repainted (another $150).
Old 02-21-2007, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

I thought about finding one on ebay, but the problem with that is I don't think it would fly with the insurance company.

I've been battling with these isiots since November about this crap, it's a long story, but basically, I've got to keep things as simple as possible, and trying to document something bought on ebay would be complicated.

I'll probably just get the rk sport. Thanks guys.

edit: On second thought, I'm tired of dealing with this crap, so I just ordered one from that ebay shop that guy bought his from. If the ins comp does'nt pay me back, whatever, I'm out $240 but atleast my freaking car is fixed finally.

Last edited by Traitor; 02-21-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

http://fpartssalvage.com/contact.htm these guys list true SS spoilers on ebay alot, you may want to contact them. i have also heard good report from spoiler depot (spoilerdepot.com??)