Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

opinions on paint......

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on paint......

Due to the high milege of the car, I am not able to sell it for what I want to get out of it. SO I have decided to keep the car and make it a week-end cruiser.

I want to do a paint scheme tha tis really not out their, but I am having a hard time deciding how I want the car to look. I am not looking to dump alot of money into the car's looks though.

I am pretty much set on putting a set of Chrome TTM's on the car, a sunoco hood (dont want to do an SS hood since its not an SS and already has an SS spoiler), Black billet grill, clear corners, and I am going to keep the stock headlights, and I have been thinking about putting the RKsport body kit on and possibly putting a CME on as well.

Now thoughts about the paint have gone to various colors. I currectly have my tailight panel painted black but it needs to be re-done and I want the lettering inside to be white. I have thought about doing a high gloss black, possibly a Medium blue, a silver/grey pearl combo, and deep red with the 35th stripes.... and the list could go on-and-on. I am going to send the car to a body shop to have some things smoothed out, such as the body line done the side of the car where the molding was, getting the SS spoiler to sit better, filling the gap between the rear bumper and quater panels....

Ok with a buget paint (lets say $2500) in mind, what would you do with the paint. Some pics would be appreciated for idea's.

* I will be pulling the motor and interior out to have the car fully painted*

Here is a few pics that I keep looking at.

Here is a side shot of a black car with the RK kit

Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

reds oranges yellows usually cost alot more in coler for materials, so keep that in mind on your budget
Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing from current color is also a lot more expensive if you want your door jamps, etc. painted to match as well. Not sure what Florida prices are, but for $2,500 around here you might be able to get one side painted.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

I have figured out what I am going to do, and I ended up going over the budget..... I am going to go Hugger orange with a flame job close to the picture above..... matched with some TTM's and painting the berger panel with white lettering, it should come out looking good.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds sexy... just do your research on who you get to flame it becasue nothing like a crappy flame job to ruin your day.... good luck man post pics when its finished...
Old 02-24-2007, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by transmaro93
sounds sexy... just do your research on who you get to flame it becasue nothing like a crappy flame job to ruin your day.... good luck man post pics when its finished...

Yeah, I am going to send the car to a body shop to be smoothed out a bit, and then just get the hugger orange on it.... later on I will get the flames put on it and put a bit of pealr in the flames to make them stand out a bit.... I will def. post pics up once it is finished....
Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=KOTSperformance]Due to the high milege of the car, I am not able to sell it for what I want to get out of it. SO I have decided to keep the car and make it a week-end cruiser.

I want to do a paint scheme tha tis really not out their, but I am having a hard time deciding how I want the car to look. I am not looking to dump alot of money into the car's looks though.

I am pretty much set on putting a set of Chrome TTM's on the car, a sunoco hood (dont want to do an SS hood since its not an SS and already has an SS spoiler), Black billet grill, clear corners, and I am going to keep the stock headlights, and I have been thinking about putting the RKsport body kit on and possibly putting a CME on as well.

Now thoughts about the paint have gone to various colors. I currectly have my tailight panel painted black but it needs to be re-done and I want the lettering inside to be white. I have thought about doing a high gloss black, possibly a Medium blue, a silver/grey pearl combo, and deep red with the 35th stripes.... and the list could go on-and-on. I am going to send the car to a body shop to have some things smoothed out, such as the body line done the side of the car where the molding was, getting the SS spoiler to sit better, filling the gap between the rear bumper and quater panels....

Ok with a buget paint (lets say $2500) in mind, what would you do with the paint. Some pics would be appreciated for idea's.

* I will be pulling the motor and interior out to have the car fully painted*

Here is a few pics that I keep looking at.

I like the stripes but maybe you can come up with a better red to go with it or/and do something better with the stripes .

Quick Reply: opinions on paint......