Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Loose Fender

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Fender

Hey guys. Ok so here's the problem. I started hearing this kinda bumping noise from the right fender-area of my '99 Firebird (v6). I took it to the place I went to have my converter replaced; I thuoght it might have something to do with that. The Muffler guys, being the amazing mechanics they are, actually found out that it was the front right bumlper that was making the noise. Apparently one of the bolts that holds the right fender to the body of the car had stripped or come loose or something, so whenever I would go over a bump the fender would wiggle around and make the bumping noise. I went and got the replacement bolt and we put it on, but that one went in as thought it were already stripped too. So it obviously ISN'T the bolt itself - perhaps its something inside where the bolt is supposed to connect to the body of the car but doesn't. Anyway that's the best I can describe it; I can't add any pics right now because 1) I'm in school and 2) As long as you know what bolt I'm talking about, there isn't really any need for pics. Ideas?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Where at exactly, some have a clip the bolt goes through. Some are a self tapping deal... so depends where its at.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Teching In

If I can remember correctly (since I'm at school and I can't see my car right now) if you pop the hood, the bolt is about 2 or 3 inches from the top and about a foor and a half from the headlights.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Launching!

So its one of the top fender bolts on the inside? I dont see how one bolt missing would cause that much of a problem. The fender is fairly stuff, so not like its flapping around. Mine was replaced there and Im not sure if thats a clip or self tapping, but I doubt that bolt missing is causing noise.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Thats what I figured...Cuz the bolt isn't even missing, It's just loose. I'm taking it to a body shop today to have it looked at...Hopefully it won't be a major problem that I have to fork out the cash for.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Launching!

What ever became of this problem? My top fender bolts are all loose (the threads are stripped out in the fender structure). Can I drill out the holes and put those clip on nuts on there? Has anyone done this before?

Quick Reply: Loose Fender