Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Should I worry...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I worry...?

As you know, taking your car to a body shop can be a pretty damn tough thing to do. Choosing the right shop is vital, and I did just that last monday. I took my car to that shop because I saw an SS and a Supra there. It seemed a lot better than the other options my insurance gave me.

Anyways, fast forward to today...I had to get a glimpse of my car because they said it would be done tomorrow or Wednesday...I went after they were closed, and looked over there big fence...I saw my car sitting there with paint that seemed WAVY. Albeit, I was from about 20 feet away, but it didn't look too good. My friend looked also, and agreed. So now I'm worried. The car is close to being "done" and the paint doesn't look that well. I shouldn't have gone to check on it, now I'm just gonna be nervous until I see it up close
Old 04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
As you know, taking your car to a body shop can be a pretty damn tough thing to do. Choosing the right shop is vital, and I did just that last monday. I took my car to that shop because I saw an SS and a Supra there. It seemed a lot better than the other options my insurance gave me.

Anyways, fast forward to today...I had to get a glimpse of my car because they said it would be done tomorrow or Wednesday...I went after they were closed, and looked over there big fence...I saw my car sitting there with paint that seemed WAVY. Albeit, I was from about 20 feet away, but it didn't look too good. My friend looked also, and agreed. So now I'm worried. The car is close to being "done" and the paint doesn't look that well. I shouldn't have gone to check on it, now I'm just gonna be nervous until I see it up close

Does not sound like "wavy paint", rather, poor body work under the paint if it looks wavy. No way to fix that but to strip it down and re-work it. If you are not happy, and it is paid for by your insurance company, you need to take it up with them as well as the body shop.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with what they were working with, was that it was not dented. It was swiped by a car. No obvious dents, but the paint was scratched pretty bad. And it broke a mirror....idk...I just cant wait until I see it in person
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
The problem with what they were working with, was that it was not dented. It was swiped by a car. No obvious dents, but the paint was scratched pretty bad. And it broke a mirror....idk...I just cant wait until I see it in person
Any shop thats worth its salt will stand be hind the work they do. That should be a concern when looking for a shop. We offer a warranty for as long as you own the car on our repairs.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

I need quarter panels done on my car. After i explained to the shope it was my baby and i wanted to document everything for my records i asked if i could take pictures while they did work over the period. They said no problem. So i showed up every day during lunch while it was being worked on and snaped pics. I got to see all stages, cut away, welding, body work, primer, paint.

Ask if you can do the same. It'll give you piece of mind and let you know what they are doing.