Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

fender bender help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fender bender help!!!

I just got rear ended two hours ago on my morning drive

it was acutally a four car chain reaction with me at the far end thank God, but anyway, the paint isnt that mangled but some of the gaps opened up and the bumper area surrounding the license plate can be pushed back a few centimeters - like the impactr absorber is crushed some.

the passenger tail light-to-center section gap is wider than the opposite side and the tail light itself it fight up against the back of the car now.

on the driver's side, the taillight it far enopugh away from the metal so that i can see the where the factory paint job gets messy.

lastly, on the seam that runs from the taillight to the rear wheel well, the rear bumber has completely closed the gap and is touching the quarter panel.

what kind of damage do you guys think i'm looking at??? is there any reason to worry about the body or subframe?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without pics, this is pretty much pointless for us to give our opinions, as we cannot see what it looks like. Even with pics, it's hard to tell from a pic if there are underlying issues/damage that we can't see, unless the car is inspected "in person".

Why not take it to a shop and have estimates done, then you will know for sure? That is the only way to truly know if there is structural damage that we cannot see from just some pics online.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i'm going to do that first thing tomorrow, but i just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences and what they took away from it. i'm not asking for a professional estimate based on my description, but maybe someone was in my shoes once and can lend a hand.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand, but like I said, there is no way to know unless there are some pics, and even from that, it's hard to say, without being able to crawl all over the car and inspect it in person. I'll check in later, I have to go get a car wrapped up, so I can paint it this evening.

Sorry, for the bad luck this morning.

Quick Reply: fender bender help!!!