Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

1 question need FAST help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 1 question need FAST help please

Hey guys, Im supose to be taking in my front and back bumpers, and hood tommorow to get painted, If it was you guys getting the work done would you take the bumpers off for the body shop and just take the parts in, or would you take the whole car in with the body parts on the car and let them paint the bumpers on the car. I've tooken off the front bumper cover and it seems like its going to be extremely hard to put the cover back on without damaging the fresh paint.
so the question is leave everything on the car or take it off. what would you guys do?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would do them off the car becuase they are easier to paint that way... if you have someone help you put it back on you wont ruin it... just have someone grab one side and you grab the other... this is a daily occurance at our shop seeing as we paint all the bumpers off the car....as for the hood... if it doesnt need to be edged in (underside) id leave that on the car but thats your call...
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

when i had my front bumper redone they had me keep the car there for two days, they sprayed it off the car and put it back opn perfect
Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

You need to take them off. you can't paint the bumper on the car. It turns out much better because all the edges and indentions get painted.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

You really don't have a choice. you need to have them painted off the the car and have the shop re-install them. Otherwise it will look like ****

Quick Reply: 1 question need FAST help please