Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Insurance Claims (Help Quick)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007 | 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Default Insurance Claims (Help Quick)

My car is totaled , but the guys who hit me insurance company (State farms) is giving me the run around and taking to long to do anything. My insurance company(Geico) put me in a rental, and stated my car is a total lost. Since his insurance company is giving me the run around, ?-is should i just claim it on my insurance company or what, because for one thing it's not paid off and the bank would be looking for me to continue yo pay the notes, and the accident happened on 6-26-07. Somebody let me know what should i do ASAP.........

2000 Ws6 A4 Totaled..
Old 06-16-2007 | 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

typical...

you call them right now and you demand your money, clal your insurance company and elt them know what his company is doing as well. the only way youre gonna get anything from this is if you really take control and show them you arent gonna be tossed around. A guy rear ended me in my camaro, and I called them the very next day and said I want my money yadda yadda yadda, 2 days later, I had a check for 2,345 bucks!
Old 06-17-2007 | 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Im an adjuster for one of the big companies. If you have collision coverage on your policy with Geico, I would have them handle your total loss and they will subrogate (send the bill for your damages, rental, etc) over to State farm. I dont know if Geico waives deductibles, but it would definitely speed up the process, and eliminate you having to deal with State farm any further. Geico's total loss team is a bit slow from my experiences, but is definitely the better route to take.

If you have mods on the car, consider removing them, as typically they do nothing for the value. Unless you have custom parts and accessory coverage, then you may want to leave it on. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Quick Reply: Insurance Claims (Help Quick)