Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

New Paint job

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Paint job

Ok so my step-mom is going to pay to have my car repainted. She was quoted 1600 for same color and 2000 for color change(includes engine compartment but not underbody) The car is NBM. I am really looking at a aftermarket orange kinda like the old judge orange. Maybe SOM, I'm not a big fan of red but I have seen one dark red over black base coat that looked great. Post up your thoughts and pix if you got them. The one shop that she got the price from is with PPG paint. anybody have a problem with there paint job that PPG was used for?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

all those veiws and not one person has any input, or had there cars repainted?
Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

This is probably irrelevant, since you want an aftermarket orange paint job, but mine is NBM with a BPM pearl, and i love it. Many people ask about it, too. And when i roll by, people just stare...i think they try to figure out if its blue or if its purple.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AlmondRocca
This is probably irrelevant, since you want an aftermarket orange paint job, but mine is NBM with a BPM pearl, and i love it. Many people ask about it, too. And when i roll by, people just stare...i think they try to figure out if its blue or if its purple.
Its not irrelevant. I'm not 100% set on a orange color, thats why I'm asking about others views. You put it on top of your NBM? BPM(blue pearl metalic)? you got any pix of that?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

bpm (bright purple metallic)
here are some crappy pics, but dial up takes too long with big pics. lol
The shop that done mine did an excellent job. In direct sunlight, it looks NBM with purple glitter mixed in it. It sounds really girly, but its hot. Lots of guys compliment me on the color.
Attached Thumbnails New Paint job-mycar-002mini.jpg   New Paint job-mycar-003mini.jpg   New Paint job-mycar-011mini.jpg  
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

thats nice dude. i seen in another thread a BPM formula that looked pretty good kinda reminded me of plum crazy purple on the old mopars. and it looked really good on that bird
Old 07-09-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this a hook up type of thing where she knows someone that paints or something because that is an insanely low price for a full repaint and color change. I'd look into the integrity of the shop and ask to see their work before I hand over the keys and any cash.

On topic though, I'd add a slight amount of candy or pearl to the SOM. Something that'll distinguish it from the factory colors a little.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just redid mine, but it was white. Not a color I care for. It would be a tough choice for me. Nbm has always been a favorite color of mine. For the extra money I probably would change the color. To me it's about being different.

Just read your sig. I'm sure your car is going to be rare even though it's not a ws6. try to find out how many 99 nbm Formulas were made. That's how I would decide. If it's rare I wouldn't change it.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98redM6
Is this a hook up type of thing where she knows someone that paints or something because that is an insanely low price for a full repaint and color change. I'd look into the integrity of the shop and ask to see their work before I hand over the keys and any cash.

On topic though, I'd add a slight amount of candy or pearl to the SOM. Something that'll distinguish it from the factory colors a little.
No its not a hook up thing. Theres alot of shops around the area so they compete but her and my dad talked to them and looked at some of the work. said it was pretty good. Probably could have got it even cheaper but one of my dads friends had to quit cause of asthma. It is shot with PPG paint but I personaly havent seen the work im in Iraq still.

WhiteRhino- I dont think NBM is that rare of a color I see them constantly.