Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fresh Paint Q

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh Paint Q

A friend just recently painted my front quarter panel on my car cause it was hit, he gave me a huge discount, so i really dont want to bitch about the job. it looks good for the price, i'm happy, only that he must have took it out of the booth too soon and he parked it outside while it was raining. The paint must have not dried right because it was raining and the rain drops made small dots on the clear coat. It looks like water spots, only smaller and a lot of em. The car is under the roof now so hopefully it finishes drying.

My question is if i take my pc and buff the clear coat tomorrow when its nice and hot outside, will it fix the cricles on the clear coat?

Or is it not safe to buff the clear coat since its so fresh?

Thanks.
If yall want pictures to see what i'm talking about i will try to load some up.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

PC probably wont do it, it will need to be wetsanded to get it out of the clear, then you polish it with the PC and some 3m medium cut then some fine cut.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nope that is'nt rain thas what we call fisheyes it when u have oil or just alot of trash in your airline when he sprayed the car. or its solvent pop either way your gonna have to wetsand the hell out of it then buff and polish it
Old 07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

but when it came out it looked fine, then it started sprinkling and those little dots formed where the paint got wet

Last edited by osvaldo; 07-18-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by osvaldo
but when it came out it looked fine, then it started sprinkling and those little dots formed where the paint got wet

I was going to say exactly what 6SSPEED said but you just cleared it up. If it had enough time to set up to some degree then simple compound will do the trick, if not wet-sand then buff will usually work,depends on how many coats of clear were applied.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Teching In

if buffing does not take the spots off,and your happy with the way it looks and it matches the fatory orange peel just hit it with some 3000 then buff that should get rid of em.

Quick Reply: Fresh Paint Q