Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Bumper/Hood Gap :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007 | 09:11 PM
Teching In

Default Bumper/Hood Gap :(

I'm working on a bit of a project for my and have run into a bit of a wall and I am open to suggestions.

I'm not sure if the bumper was cut or what but it appears to not go as far as it needs to / should be. If you look at the pictures the gap is pretty obvious and I am looking for a way to fix this. Yes, I know that the other gaps are not correct yet, but this is not a problem which can be fixed via aligning of the pieces.

I am hoping to avoid fabricating a piece to make the bumper or hood fit closer and hoping that there is a piece which can go in there which will look good but am somewhat resigned to the first option.
Would it be possible to create a fiberglass piece that would be attached to the bumper bar and connect the two pieces and look decent with just adding another crack?

Old 07-17-2007 | 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

That bumper has DEFINITELY been cut already. If you get an OEM firehawk hood your gaps will line up perfectly. You must have gotten that bumper from a firehawk, or someone who had an OEM 'hawk hood. I'd sell that hood you have and try to find an OEM. Sorry to see your troubles...
Old 07-17-2007 | 09:21 PM
Teching In

I was afraid that the firehawk situation was the case uggh

Quick Reply: Bumper/Hood Gap :(