Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Water damage/Rust ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water damage/Rust ?

Well it flooded here and my brothers car got filled with water. Water level was a couple inches deep in the car but didn't get the seats wet. We pulled the carpet and dryed everything out. The question i have is the floor boards going to rust out the bolts for the seats are rusted because of the water. The insurance company said the car will be totaled because it's going to rust is this true.

thanks
Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

no its not true it might total but its not just going to rust either. if you spilt a bottle of water in the floor it would not total the car because it could rust most of the bolts are painted black anyway. just pull everything out dry it really good give anything your worried about a coat of spray paint then grese the bolts threads and reinstall. also you may be able to settle for an amount that wont total the car from the insurance and make some money thats what i would do
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car was flooded in salt water. I had to replace the power seats, carpet. ect... Make sure if you buy your car back YOU take care of the paper work NOT the insurrance company. I have been paying insurance on my car for the last 8 months and driving it ( the car is in better shape now then it was before the flood) went to get new tags at DMV and they told the insurnace registered my car nonrepairable. It has taken 2-1/2 months to get this resolved with DMV and they might not even change the title to salvage or water damage because of state law, even it was human error. If my car stays titled nonrepairable the only thing I am aloud to with it is part it out. I can not drive on US highways or sell the car as a whole.

Clean the car very well. The inside and outside of these cars are painted and very rust resistant. I have not had any problems with mine.