Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Black and Swirl Marks

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007 | 08:02 PM
Launching!

Default Black and Swirl Marks

Hi guys, my car just really shows swirls in the sun and i was wondering what the best way to get rid of them would be. I do not have an orbital buffer. I tried the Adam's swirl and haze remover and wasn't impressed at all. if anyone has any advice i would GREATLY appreciate it! thanks!
Old 09-03-2007 | 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

oh dear......i have a long method of doing this with a buffer but seeing that you dont have an orbital will be a problem. take it to a body shop or a professional detail shop and have them buff it. if you can come across a buffer ill give u my method but it doesnt always work. if the swirl marks are bad then theres no getting rid of them. my buddies car looked like turtle wax took a dry wool pad to it. i spent about 9 hours trying to get all the marks our and it didnt work to well. a simple way to get rid of really light swirl marks would be to take wax and apply it straight on let it sit for a minute and take it straight off(dont do wax on wax off swirl method) and do one panel at a time. you might ahve to wax it a couple times. id say if u wanna take a drive come up to illinois on a weekend and ill see if i cud buff your car out. send me a pm if you want that buffing method of mine.
Old 09-04-2007 | 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

As you know black is a pain in the ***. Welcome. Now I would pay about $200 since you don't have the materials and take it to a shop so they can do it. You have to get it done right because with a dark color you'll see your mistakes.
Old 09-04-2007 | 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

FWIW get an orbital buffer and the right materials/pads and DIY it's really not that hard, there are plenty of threads around with various techniques, and what the "best" swirl removers are
Besides the pride and satisfaction of getting a black car swirl free, just can't be be beat (almost as good as sex )