Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Clear coat chips

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear coat chips

Hey guys,

Just a quick question about touching up a couple spots on my car. I seem to have two or three spots (especially on the door edges) where the paint isnt damaged but it seems like clear coat was chipped off. There is no metal exposed, the paint is still there just the clear coat was chipped.

What would be the best way to take care of these, I have a duplicolor kit with some sandpaper and clearcoat. Any ideas? Or should I just take it to a body shop and let them take care of it?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

well... i dont know how qualified you are to do it yerself... but if there that small it probably isnt worth taking it somewhere... if the paints still there i would say dont worry about it.... and the only metal on the camaro is the rear quarter really tahts exposed... and teh hood pendingf on what you have... everything else is basicly plastic... so it wont harm it... as long as u got paint ide say leave... unless it bothers u that much
Old 10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to have it fixed so I dont have to worry about it later, I'm usually pretty handy with this sort of stuff, just dont know how to go about taking care of it.