Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need help from LS1Tech members with sail panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help from LS1Tech members with sail panel

I called GM customer service and they opened a case number for me regarding my sail panel issue. Took my car to Kimball motors in San Luis Obispo to have the service manager "diagnose" the problem. They agree that the paint is bubbling on the car () and told me to take it to a body shop here in town to have an estimate done for the work since they don't have their own body shop at the dealership.

Once I have the estimate I am supposed to bring it by the dealer and send it to GM. Then wait on the word for it to get fixed.

Anyone that has had theirs fixed, I need case numbers and mileage to help my claim. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me any info if you would rather not post it in public. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

i tried this with no repsonses,,,,hopefully you get some help,,,,subscribing
Old 10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems that GM did not leave a paper trail for this repair. All I have been able to do is get information about what dealers have done it and what mileage the owners have had on the clock when it was repaired. Hopefully someone will chime in with something.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

is this a very common thing,how much has the car sat in the sun, is the clear delaminating or is it coming loose all the way down to the substrate?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't really know what the exact problem is. From what I have heard, there is a problem with the glue used in the roof and sail panels that cause the paint to bubble. These can sometimes pop and look like rock chips. In some cases (like mine), the glue can start oozing out of these holes. Check out the sail panel sticky for more info.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

I just noticed that sticky.... i'll have to look into it being a painter i'd like to know what tha deal is.... I don't have this problem... my canvas top doesn't have sail panels

Quick Reply: Need help from LS1Tech members with sail panel