Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Shaving Down Body parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shaving Down Body parts

I want to shave down a few parts on a 98-02 Camaro and I'm wondering if its possible/anyone has done it.

I want to shave down the rear bumper, its the one part of the body that really bothers me. The bumper on the Third gen's is a lot nicer, its not so round and plain. I want to shave some size off and make it look more "Corvette"-like. Also, relating to an earlier post, I want to add C6 mirrors, so I want to shave down the old Mirror... um, "bumps". Lastly, I want to take off the spoiler, and shave off the side humps, as I want to go custom on that. And thats a handmade custom, not a ricer custom (It'll be a functional spoiler, as I plan to race... legally of course). =)
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bump. Do people not like this idea? Am I a rebel for having something against the bumper? Seriously, it DOES make the car look like it has a big ***, >.<!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

this is just my 2 cents so dont get pist or anything. im not a fan of the idea. i think a camaro should stay camaro and corvette should stay a corvette. if you like the idea i think your should give it a try because ever person likes something different. the humps of the side for the spoiler might be a real pain to shave since its part of the quarter panel. give it a try post pics if you go through with it.

Quick Reply: Shaving Down Body parts