Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal?

Found this spray gun on craigslist and I don't know anything about these but am wanting a gun to start doing my own body work. Is this a good gun to start with? Is it strictly for touch ups or can I get a bigger cup and spray the entire car with it? Let me know your opinions. Oh and it's used for 60 bucks. While I've never sprayed anything before besides using cans lol, I have read a lot about it and feel like I'm ready to get a gun and start practicing on my own. and before you bash me don't worry, I'm not spraying my car unless I feel comfortable I can do it right.

it is a dayton model 4RR06

Touch Up Spray Gun, Paint Viscosity Optimum Range Low to Medium, Fluid Delivery Type Siphon, Fluid Delivery Speed Medium, Nozzle Size 0.070/1.8 Inches, Pattern Size 9 Inches, Adjustable Control Capabilities Fluid/Pattern, Air Flow @ 40psi 2.8 CFM, Cup, Non Bleeder, External Mix

here's a website with a few more specs on it
http://www.drillspot.com/products/33...h_UP_Spray_Gun
Old 02-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
Found this spray gun on craigslist and I don't know anything about these but am wanting a gun to start doing my own body work. Is this a good gun to start with? Is it strictly for touch ups or can I get a bigger cup and spray the entire car with it? Let me know your opinions. Oh and it's used for 60 bucks. While I've never sprayed anything before besides using cans lol, I have read a lot about it and feel like I'm ready to get a gun and start practicing on my own. and before you bash me don't worry, I'm not spraying my car unless I feel comfortable I can do it right.

it is a dayton model 4RR06

Touch Up Spray Gun, Paint Viscosity Optimum Range Low to Medium, Fluid Delivery Type Siphon, Fluid Delivery Speed Medium, Nozzle Size 0.070/1.8 Inches, Pattern Size 9 Inches, Adjustable Control Capabilities Fluid/Pattern, Air Flow @ 40psi 2.8 CFM, Cup, Non Bleeder, External Mix

here's a website with a few more specs on it
http://www.drillspot.com/products/33...h_UP_Spray_Gun
You definitely can't spray a car with it. If I were looking for a touch up gun I would get some sort of gravity feed gun. Siphon guns, all though they will work, are out dated and inefficient.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by haulinss
You definitely can't spray a car with it. If I were looking for a touch up gun I would get some sort of gravity feed gun. Siphon guns, all though they will work, are out dated and inefficient.
thanks I also noticed that this gun didn't mention any type of adjustments on it which would make it a pain in the *** to get the right spray pattern. Guess I'll start looking at what guns people are using and find my own
Old 02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camaroguy26
thanks I also noticed that this gun didn't mention any type of adjustments on it which would make it a pain in the *** to get the right spray pattern. Guess I'll start looking at what guns people are using and find my own
There are all kinds of gun to use with specific purposes but you can find a lot of good guns that are "multipurpose" and not a huge expense. Sharpe makes a few that want break you too bad that you can use for different applications. There are some off brands as well but I guess it depends on you budget.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?