Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

HELP! 98 F-Body Color Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 98 F-Body Color Code

Somebody backed into my front bumper & cracked it pretty bad so i'm getting a new bumper. I'm trying to figure out what the color code is for a red 98 Z-28 Camaro. Is it located some where on the door panel because I've looked & cannot seem to find it anywhere? Here are 2 color codes that are red but are different shades. One of these are suppose to be it....

1st. 96/WA122B
2nd. 81/WA8774

Any Ideas?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

wa8774
Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Launching!

yep, 8774
Old 03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be the code the others posted and it might not be. Your paint code should be somewhere on the spare tire cover. Then look for the WA prefix, then the paint code. Once you've found that go to your local paint store or body shop to look it up. This color may have whats called a varience, this is minor adjustments made to the paint mix to better match the dolor on your car. Color did vary from one batch of paint to another, even on the same color and year. Your local professional may have a varience deck of these colors that you can place on the car outside in the sun and shade to better match your color. Plastic seldom matches the metal when painted but you can get it real close. Lucky for us the fenders are plastic, but the hoods on some are not.

Quick Reply: HELP! 98 F-Body Color Code