Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

door poppers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door poppers

I want to shave the door handles on my 83 Monte Carlo but do want to pay to much for the poppers. I just want to have the driver side door to be able to open with a popper. Is there anywhere i can just buy everything and just one actuator with out paying to much? Also can i get some tips on the easiest way to cover the holes in the doors after removing the handles?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

As far as where to get them I'd try to find a good used one on an auction site or something like that and of coarse check around with the sponsors to see what they offer, just shop around. An 83 Monty is going to have steel doors so covering the holes will be easy just cut some sheet metal to fit, weld it in, sand it down and make it look real nice with some filler.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Check out www.customclassic.com. They sell the individual solenoids and some safety features if your solenoid or battery dies. I purchased from them for mine and my brother's trucks.
Make sure if you take it to a shop to get your doors shaved, that they know what the hell they're doing. It takes alot of patience to weld in those holes as you have to be caureful because the metal warps real easily. The shop I took my truck to F'd up my doors and I have to get them redone. I learned from my mistakes and took my brother's to another shop and they did an awesome job.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah if you don't have or have access to a TIG, take it to a shop. I would make sure if you take it somewhere to have them use a TIG. It can be done with MIG welder but you have to go real real slow and the results are never as nice.