Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Anyway to do this myself? (clearcoat)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008 | 10:43 PM
Launching!

Default Anyway to do this myself? (clearcoat)

Owner before me did this while pressure washing the car, i was just wondering whats the best way to fix this? Repaint the whole bumper? Get a new painted bumper? or sand off all clearcoat and re-do it?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Anyway to do this myself? (clearcoat)-cimg1965.jpg   Anyway to do this myself? (clearcoat)-cimg1957.jpg  
Old 04-13-2008 | 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

wow he effed that up good. if its the whole bumper i would have it stripped and then repaint it. if its just that spot all i would do is feather the clear out so that everythings nice and smooth so theres no rough edges. spot prime that spot wetsand the primer down, scuff the rest of the bumper, base it and blend the base into the exsisting paint and re clear the entire bumper. keep in mind this would be the time to fix any scratches chips etc in the front bumper.
Old 04-13-2008 | 10:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
wow he effed that up good. if its the whole bumper i would have it stripped and then repaint it. if its just that spot all i would do is feather the clear out so that everythings nice and smooth so theres no rough edges. spot prime that spot wetsand the primer down, scuff the rest of the bumper, base it and blend the base into the exsisting paint and re clear the entire bumper. keep in mind this would be the time to fix any scratches chips etc in the front bumper.
Ok, thanks i think im going to just redo the whole bumper, its pretty bad and as you can see in one of the pics theres spider webbing too. And yeah the guy at the body shop said factory paint shuld never have done that with a pressure washer.

Quick Reply: Anyway to do this myself? (clearcoat)