Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

help me decide on a color!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008 | 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default help me decide on a color!

well i went to the dealer today and i asked him or some pearl purple metallic paint. well it turns out its discontinued. my car is super scratched up and i do want to paint it a different color. so any suggestions, or pictures of lt1 camaros with nice paint, are appreciated. I've also been toying around the idea of flames... so if ya got pics show em!
Old 07-30-2008 | 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

You do know you can get the paint from any automotive painst store right? You just take the paint code on your car and they will mix however much you want. Just FYI

Bob s.
Old 07-30-2008 | 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard! It doesn't come pre mixed, you mix it yourself. I work for a Hendrick dealership and we have it... I am in the process of repainting mine as we speak... We mixed mine at the shop to cut in the fenders and I ordered PPG brand purple pearl metallic to do the jams and exterior. Call keystone with the paint code and they will hook you up! Here is proof!!

Old 07-31-2008 | 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow nice^^^ well than gm lied. i still wouldnt mind making it a defferant color.

anyone?
Old 07-31-2008 | 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

i would stay with what you have i think its a nice color and it would be cheaper then a color change
Old 08-02-2008 | 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

+1 on keeping thje color.

going through and getting everything prepped and fixed will take forever.... and then you will find bits of purple in a few cracks and crevices that will drive you insane.

If you go to a parts store... they will most likely have a color gun (which scans your color to check for fading... to match the fade)...they will mix it for you, before you paint.... you have to activate it which is pretty easy.