Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Duplicolor Paint Shop System

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duplicolor Paint Shop System

Hey I am on a sharp budget trying to rebuild my 93Z and I stumbled upon the duplicolor paint shop system. Does anyone have any experience with this paint and is it worth it? Also how would you get the paint to properly adhere to the bumpers and fenders?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

i wouldnt use the duplicolor system. personally i would use professional paint like ppg, standox, spies and hekker etc. also to get things to stick, sand the exsisting paint with 600-800 to have it ready for bascoat to go over or if you plan on sealing you can go with 400-600. if yours going to prime everything just finish everything with 180 or 220. be sure that if you burn through any any bare plastic shows through you will need an adhesion promotor to spray onto the bare plastic so that the paint will stick.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the help The reason I was looking at the duplicolor is I needed something cheap to last me thru college until I can afford the full resto I want for the car. I just figured it would be ok for the temporary paint job i need for now.