Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

02 WS6 Paint Work

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008 | 03:17 PM
Teching In

Default 02 WS6 Paint Work

I recently bought a 2002 Trans Am WS6, 50k miles 6spd, Fully loaded, Black Exterior. Im alittle disappointed in myself for not looking more closely at the paint, since the car was dusty at the time i looked at it. Interior wise the car is perfect, exterior not so much. I mean there are scratches and door dings everywhere on this car. The guy obviously didn't watch where he parked. I purchased the car for $14500, a loan for 10K and 4500 cash. I'm debating whether i should get the car repainted the factory black again. If i had to sell it my concern is with people freakin out bc it was repainted. Do you guys think it would help my value of the car down the road? I def take care of my vehicles and park 10miles away from anywhere i go. What do you guys think would be a price to repaint? Also do you think i payed to much for the car? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2008 | 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Well dings and scratches can be fixed without repainting the whole car, is it really bad?
Old 09-15-2008 | 07:29 AM
Teching In

Yea, its bad enough to be repainted; the front bumper def needs it, the driver side door has a ton of scratches, the driver side rear quarter panel has been sprayed b4 u can see the foggyness and it is dinged in muiltiple spots and scratched also, the wing is scratched a lot also, and the rear bumper has 1 large gouge in it, the passenger side headlight cover is foggy, the passenger side quarter panel is foggy. I mean i really f'd up lol. Bc the car had alittle bit of dust on it, and not until i washed it did i notice all of this. And with black only fixing 1 panel on the car will be extremely noticeable, hence some of the panels that were repainted and the fog showing.
Old 09-15-2008 | 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

If the guy you have painting it back the factory color does what he is supposes to do ... it should look like factory paint IMO
Old 09-16-2008 | 03:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If a paint job is done right and good material is used it will not lower the value of your car.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-17-2008 | 12:15 PM
Teching In

Thats my point exactly, i mean the door jambs and such wouldnt need to be done bc they're fine. But what do you guys think would be the max amount i should pay if i do get it repainted the same color? And what do think the value of the car would be or what i would be able to get if i were to sell it down the line; i dont plan on it but if i needed too. I paid $14500. Mechanically the car is awesome with 50k miles.

Quick Reply: 02 WS6 Paint Work