Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise on a bad tune needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advise on a bad tune needed

Can anyone give a lil advise. A friend had his car tuned, with out the use of a dyno, for his added lid, headers and cut-out. Before his tune he was very positive on his LTFT's, but had no knock and when he went to WOT his LTFT's would go to 0. Now with the tune he has KR in all but 1st gear, he is still pos on his LTFT's 6-8, and when he goes into WOT his LTFT's still show 6-8 positive. He also is running .4 sec slower than he normally does, on the strip.

Scott C.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Advise on a bad tune needed

I'd say have him go get his money back, and use the money to buy another license on your LS1edit, then you could tune it for him.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, CAL! I thought that I was too new to do anyone elses tuning, but by the looks of tuning my own, with yours and the help of others on the board, I feel I did damn good on my own car and could do better than them, at least on a natural asperated motor. He's going back to them to see what they say today.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Well I went back there today and they seem to think that the ported MAF could be the problem. So, I am going to take the ported MAF off and put the stock one back on and see if that fixes the problem. They want to try and trouble shoot the problem, because the car was running even more lean before they tuned it some. It was amazing the thing never blew up. lol Well, hopefully tomorrow or the next day I will have more news on the tune. Thanks again Scott for finding the problem when you did! When I went over there today they ran the car a little bit and told me what they had found. I then told them, "I already knew that, that's what I told you when I first walked in today".
Old 09-20-2003, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Well I had Scott put the car on EFI Live after I put the stock MAF back on the car. And the car looks as though it is running just fine now. The KR is gone, except for a flash of KR that it gave between the 1-2 gear shift. The L-trims are zeroing out at WOT and the O2's seem to be good also. I talked with the tuners today and they said for me to bring the car back in now that we know the problem and they will take care of it for me.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Took the car back today and along with the great customer service it looks as though they did a d@*n fine job on the tuning, with the ported MAF on. He even had me ride in the car after the tuning to watch the EFI Live to see what it did. So in about 2 weeks he wants me to get it back on EFI Live to ensure that the PCM didn't do anything funky. So, now after the second encounter with them they are earning my respect for tuning.