PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAxed out LTrims how to correct?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 02:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default MAxed out LTrims how to correct?

Shoudl i use the MAF tables or the injector flow rate table. If its 25% positive shoudl i just tell it it has a bigger injector, then redo WOT? using PE forWOT enrichment its at 1.54 to maintain around 12.5-13.0 which seem like a huge adjustment from stock.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: MAxed out LTrims how to correct?

Shoudl i use the MAF tables or the injector flow rate table. If its 25% positive shoudl i just tell it it has a bigger injector, then redo WOT? using PE forWOT enrichment its at 1.54 to maintain around 12.5-13.0 which seem like a huge adjustment from stock.
If your MAF is stock then rescale the IFR table. If MAF is NOT stock then you should adjust the MAF table OR get a stock MAF.
Need to increase fuel flow so multiply by percentage less than 100% and this will increase fueling (decrease and PCM increases flow as it thinks injectors are smaller). If you tell it you have BIGGER injectors (multiply by a percent greater than 100%) you will REDUCE fueling further- this is NOT the direction you want to go.
Changing the IFR will change your PE values- you'll need to reduce PE values from 1.54. At 1.54 and + 25 LTFTs you're too lean and PCM is adding fuel ( +25 LTFTs)
Multiply your IFR by 90% and give it some time to adjust/learn. Then see what additional adjustments you need for LTFTs i.e. to get to 0-> -7%. At Zero to slightly negative LTFTs they will zero out at WOT.
Are you using a wideband O2 for WOT AFR? You need a wideband for the WOT AFR.
Hope this helps some. Good Luck.
joel
Old 09-29-2003, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

nothign short of wideband, i would prefer an egt meter as a wideband can be misleading but whatcha gonna do
Old 09-29-2003, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

If your MAF is stock then rescale the IFR table. If MAF is NOT stock then you should adjust the MAF table OR get a stock MAF.
Need to increase fuel flow so multiply by percentage less than 100% and this will increase fueling (decrease and PCM increases flow as it thinks injectors are smaller). If you tell it you have BIGGER injectors (multiply by a percent greater than 100%) you will REDUCE fueling further- this is NOT the direction you want to go.
Changing the IFR will change your PE values- you'll need to reduce PE values from 1.54. At 1.54 and + 25 LTFTs you're too lean and PCM is adding fuel ( +25 LTFTs)
Multiply your IFR by 90% and give it some time to adjust/learn. Then see what additional adjustments you need for LTFTs i.e. to get to 0-> -7%. At Zero to slightly negative LTFTs they will zero out at WOT.
Are you using a wideband O2 for WOT AFR? You need a wideband for the WOT AFR.
Hope this helps some. Good Luck.
joel
OK, so IFR will affect PE too which is what i want. but will takign it out via maf affect pe as well? i should end up with reasonable pe values
Old 09-29-2003, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vacuum leak? i mean it's not normal to be running that lean... do you have a ported maf?
Old 09-30-2003, 06:01 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Vacuum leak? i mean it's not normal to be running that lean... do you have a ported maf?
This is true. I would first ask the question, why are the values so high? Are your Strims at 50%? If they are both maxed out I would guess a vacuum leak somewhere.

I had just a minor leak and mine were in the low 20s. Fixing the leak brought them back down into the single digits where they used to be, then I brought them even closer to 0 by usings Binks meathod (X .95 for the whole IFR table). I did not mess with my PE table though, I wonder if I should have?