Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad TPS?

I am having issues with my TPS on my FAST 90mm throttle body. I had it on the dyno the other day and with the key in the "on" position the TPS is acting fine; but when we start the car and is running the sensor is VERY hesisitant and only reads about 3% under 50% open. When we shut the car back off and just have the ignition in the "on" position it will be reading ok!!! Any ideas?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02' hawk
I am having issues with my TPS on my FAST 90mm throttle body. I had it on the dyno the other day and with the key in the "on" position the TPS is acting fine; but when we start the car and is running the sensor is VERY hesisitant and only reads about 3% under 50% open. When we shut the car back off and just have the ignition in the "on" position it will be reading ok!!! Any ideas?
I don't think their too expensive at the autoparts store... I had a bunch of problems with mine not shifting right, and it was just the TPS. I'd just buy one, install it in the parking lot and if it doesnt fix anything, take it off put it back in the box and get your refund...
Old 12-25-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I checked with FAST. They wanted like 60 - 90 bucks for a new one. I can't remember what is was, but it was EXPENSIVE! What TPS is in the FAST T/B? Or should i just get a cheap stocker an see if it helps?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I replaced the TPS and it has low voltage with (key on,engine off) and the tuner is telling me the voltage needs to be at .59 volts and 0% on the TPS gauge on my EFI Live. How do i get the voltage up on the senser without moving the throttle blade open?
Old 01-14-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, i just turned in the screw on the t/b to show the .59 volts at the tps. At wot it reads 4.19 volts. Also pulled the pcm ign to reset the pcm and it reads 0% on the EFI Live with the .59 volts. Now i just to reset the desired idle right? ANYONE? I started the car and it idles at 1500 rpms.