Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting started with HPTuners, take a look

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Getting started with HPTuners, take a look

Wondering if someone will tell me where to start with my tune, I recently added a few mods to the car and threw off my tune alittle, the AFR is off and im getting some KR. I was looking at the Cpig guide but it seems that its been deemed out dated and incorrect which it why im asking for a hand.

Back ground on the car:
I bought my it pretty much stock other then a lid/K&N, built transmission and a 2,800 stall. the car was also previously "professionally" tuned with HPTuners before I got it.

I have since added:
LT Headers, TSP true duals, NX maf kit, and a ported throttle body, 160 T-stat.
It runs alright, It picked up a solid .5 in the 1/4 going from a 13.20 to an 12.7 but i know there is more in it.

If someone has time to just take a look at my files and stear me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Im not looking to just have someone fix the tune and give t back I actully want to learn the art, I ordered Dan from Masports new book but it hasn't arrived yet.

Included is a couple scans and the config and current tune im running, let me know what else might be helpful and I will get it.

"12-21WOT" is a WOT log I did on the highway yesterday, Im getting up to 4* of KR and the AFR is lean until around 5,500rpm. the first run started in second gear the next run started in second and shifted to 3rd the last started in 1st and let it shift.

"2pass" is a Track pass from about a month ago. again the KR in each gear just after 4K rpm (because the MAF isnt used after that?) don't pay attention to the wideband reading as I didn't have the LM-1 and HPT sync'ed up at that time. the LM-1 disply showed AFR to be in the 12.5 to 11.9 range.

"RUSSWB02lm1" is the Config i have been using

"preread 12-18-08" is the tune that I am on

Thanks everyone!!
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
12-21WOT.hpl (43.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: hpl
2 pass.hpl (21.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: hpt
preread 12-18-08.hpt (457.7 KB, 130 views)
Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Well i guess the Config file wasn't a supported file extension on here, I can e-mail it or send it on HPTuners website if someone needs it.

Thanks again
Old 12-22-2008, 10:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. you are running a 1 bar Speed density custom operating system(but you don't have the maf failed in your file & have set your codes so it won't fail until the second error) you will want to fail your maf and start your tuning on your VE table
2. your VE table appears to be stock(long term fuel trims are telling you its having to add 9% of fuel to get you to stoich so this will need to be adjusted)

Those are the only two major things I see right off the bat.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for looking at it, The only thing I've changed to the tune since I got the car was fan speed, rear O2's, egr. So the 1bar SD OS must have been already loaded. does it have negitave effects running with the maf off of that OS(I plan to run SD anyways just asking)?
To log and tune the VE I would just need to set the maf fail freq to zero and turn off the codes? are there any other things that would need to be changed in the file before a data log?
Old 12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
Thanks for looking at it, The only thing I've changed to the tune since I got the car was fan speed, rear O2's, egr. So the 1bar SD OS must have been already loaded. does it have negitave effects running with the maf off of that OS(I plan to run SD anyways just asking)?
To log and tune the VE I would just need to set the maf fail freq to zero and turn off the codes? are there any other things that would need to be changed in the file before a data log?
You have the sequence down for the editor changes to set a MAF fail. You need to do this anyhow if you plan running speed density. Just make sure in the scanner you reset your fuel trims before logging. This will let the vehicle show immediate current values, and not be fighting stored values. After about (5) lengthy-worthy logs using the scanner you should be pretty close to where you want to be.

Quick Reply: Getting started with HPTuners, take a look