PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for boost referenced fuel pressures...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning for boost referenced fuel pressures...

This could go into either the Tuning forum or the fueling forum. For those running the Boost-a-Pump (Boost referenced fuel pump voltage regulator) what did you change in the tuning if anything to account for this variable? Are you running a fuel pressure input into the PCM and then using that input as a modifier for other tables? I guess all I want to know is how you accounted for a non-constant fuel pressure? With the MSD Boost-a-Pump the fuel pressure should be proportional to the manifold pressure so I guess the VE table could take care of this but I was just considering if there was another way to do this.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A Boost-a-Pump shouldn't raise the fuel pressure. It just raises the voltage that drives the pump so it will output more fuel volume and maybe the pressure the regulator sees. The fuel pressure regulator is still controling the pressure the fuel rail gets.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I thought there was more too it. Pretty simple. This is more of a fuel forum question but are there fuel pressure regulators that will raise fuel rail pressure as a function of manifold boost pressure? Obviously this is over-complicating a simple fuel supply problem but I wonder if it would be possible? (Couple this boost referenced regulator with the boost referenced fuel pump supply voltage and this would allow folks to run higher fuel pressures for peak engine demand) A fuel pressure feedback loop would run into the PCM for monitoring and proper control of the various table.)
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"This is more of a fuel forum question but are there fuel pressure regulators that will raise fuel rail pressure as a function of manifold boost pressure?"
Many aftermkt regulators will have this capability.
In a boosted application, the boost reference will/should add 1# of FP, for every # of boost. This keeps the "delta P" correct. [Net FP @ the injector]. If the delta drops, the injector output drops, so the engine will receive less fuel.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you use a MAP-referenced FPR, you will have to edit the IFR table... it will now be flat horizontal.