Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle keeps relearning

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default idle keeps relearning

O.K. after adjusting the blade several months ago to cure a bobbing idle issue now all the sudden out of nowhere it'll do the " cruise control idle" thing especially after pushing in the clutch. I did the idle relearn and it returned to normal for a few days then started over again with the high idle( ONCE at a complete stop it returns to designated idle. You snap the throttle and it goes up to 2000 or so and takes a few seconds to return. I have done the idle relearn process many times and it DOES work, but seems to return within days or sometimes hours? I have also noticed ( since paying attention to everything now) that my SES light doesn't always come on when the key is turned to run. ( VCM communication problem?) Seems as if 9 out of 10 times it comes on. Car seems to be running good other than the JOHN FORCE IDLE!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tune the idle airflow and TC and stop with the screw; it's not there to fix cruising dips. The hanging means that it's open too far and the IAC has to move to near fully closed (if not fully) as well as using timing to bring it back down.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ what he said