Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo or Hypertech??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablo or Hypertech??

All- a friend with an '01 SS is asking me about tuning options for his currently stock car; for his situation (he is not looking to mod heavily at all) I think that either the Diablo or the Hypertech would be his best bet. Since I have never used the "power" tune on my HPP (and really can't at this point because my car is well beyond the point at which the Hypertech tuning would do anything for me), I was wondering if any of ya'll have any experience with it??

What about the Diablo?? Looking at it, it seems to offer a considerable amount of functionality over the Hypertech for a (relatively) small increase in price. What about power tuning with it?? From what I can gather, it (the Diablo) has greater flexibility in that it allows the user to make the changes he wants to instead of simply installing a generic "power tune" (as is the case with the Hypertech). Also, it seems that you can order a custom tune from Diablo after calling them and telling them about your mods. Is this accurate?? How much does this service cost??

Thanks for any input, folks...
Old 10-09-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Diablo or Hypertech??

diablo diablo diablo.........**** on hypertech. power tune is awesome and you can get custom tunes for free. u can change things and it only takes about 2-5 min, where as hypertech u have to pray your battery wont die. if u wanna know any more on this PM me and ill tell u whatever u need to know
Old 10-09-2003, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definetly diablo... (though I don't think the statement about hoping your battery doesn't die applies to only hpp3... same for diablo or ls1 edit... anytime you're flashing your PCM it's a concern)

Hpp3 just isn't worth the money anymore... HPP3 powertune sucks monkey *****, and since you have an M6 it'd be an expensive fan switch for you.... (gears and tire changes too... but diablo predator does all this and much more)

if you want to do the changes yourself and have a laptop then LS1 edit may be the way to go... just a bigger learning curve...
Old 10-09-2003, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've heard HPP3 is a waste on a F-body, I'm very happy with my predator. Some people have seen gains of around 15-30 horsepower depending on changing WOT settings(fuel,spark) on top of the diablotune.
Check this out first though if he has gears and custom tires: http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/faq.htm
Old 10-10-2003, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, thanks for all the input, folks... I'll let him know!!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have the DiabloSports Predator and I have had great success with it so far. I give it my vote!