PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC1 Setup, please double check wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what i was saying earlier,
using the NBO2 heater and ground for the LC1 should not cause problems with the LC1.
The NBO2`s are grounded to the engine already.
LOL
But the engine has a ground to the battery and the chassis and the battery is connected to the chassis as well, this is where i get lost with the whole ground offset BS that Innovate hides behind when someone complains about there LC1.
Seems contradictory to me.

I`m not saying a ground is a ground, but if one ground is corrupt and is
connected to another ground indirectly does`nt that technically f8ck everything up?

Last edited by shoemike; 02-13-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shoemike
This is what i was saying earlier,
using the NBO2 heater and ground for the LC1 should not cause problems with the LC1.
The NBO2`s are grounded to the engine already.
LOL
But the engine has a ground to the battery and the chassis and the battery is connected to the chassis as well, this is where i get lost with the whole ground offset BS that Innovate hides behind when someone complains about there LC1.
Seems contradictory to me.

I`m not saying a ground is a ground, but if one ground is corrupt and is
connected to another ground indirectly does`nt that technically f8ck everything up?

Well, the engine block is a giant piece of solid metal (for the most part) that absorbs a lot of the "noise" that can come through other grounds. This is why its a good source to ground precise electronics because it essentially "filters" all the bad stuff out. Also, you have to be sure to have your wires shielded so it doesn't get infiltrated by electro-magnetic noise, this is the point of the bare wire that runs inside the LC1 cord, it grounds to the aluminum wrapping around the cord to shield it from noise.