PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dire need of pcm help! (no status in efilive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dire need of pcm help! (no status in efilive)

I don't know what I've done in my PCM swap (98 to 2000), but I cannot get EFILive to give me a "Status OK" when I try to download the tune. I had it working once, then went through all the wiring again to clean it up, and now I can't get it to give me the "Status OK"

Can anyone please tell me what wires HAVE to be connected to the PCM in order for EFILive to connect to the car? When I plug the cable in from the OBD2 port to my FlashScan, it will power on the FlashScan device. My FlashScan device communicates just fine with the laptop, but EFILive will not connect to my PCM.

I've checked all the fuses, and none are bad... I'm stumped... perhaps a wire got pulled out or came loose somehow at the ECM? That's why I'd really like to know what wires MUST be connected in order to get a status.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Brad
Old 02-21-2009, 05:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Screw it... apparently it doesn't work if the cigarette lighter itself isn't hooked up. Pisses me off. I unhooked it during my "customize my shifter" project

(sorry, had to throw that in there, gotta love the wire tie holding up the shift boot huh?)

Anyways, when I pulled out the console, I unhooked the cigarette lighter and forgot to hook it back up. Hooked it back up and now my EFILive works great. *Pisses on the cigarette lighter* Thanks to anyone that at least looked at the thread, lol.