PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1edit? Tuning? Advice please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1edit? Tuning? Advice please...

After a LT header w/ off-road pipes and O2 sims intall, I seem to be running way too rich. A Diablo Predator Scanner saw fuel trim levels at 10% positive and O2 at 965 mV at WOT. This would seem to account for me being 3 tenths and 4 mph slower than I was stock. (13.3@109 stock -- now 13.6 @ 105). Obviously I have lost some power and needs to do some tuning and adjusting...

What is the best way to go about this? Do I buy LS1edit and then have a pro do the tuning for me? If so -- where is the closest, well-known and respected LS1 tuner to Detroit?

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: LS1edit? Tuning? Advice please...

Buy LS1 edit and autotap and do the tuning yourself. If possible dyno tune the car w/wideband O2.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

You could practically buy LS1 Edit for the price of one tune (not counting that you need scanning software and a laptop).

The LTs seem to have made you rich, and it wouldn't take much research to figure-out how to adjust that within LS1 Edit. Basically just multiplying the Injector Flow Rate table by a percentage less than 100%, and also, for WOT, multiplying the PE vs RPM table by a percenatge less than 100%. Plus, in the future, you'll definitely need to make adjustments, whether code editing, or more a/f or timing adjustment. Good luck!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Teching In

I really know very little about the computer tuning which you guys just talked about... messing with that stuff would really make me nervous. Is it really that easy? It seems like I could really screw something up if I didn't do it right. Thanks for the info so far
Old 10-14-2003, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Its pretty simple, but you need Autotap to see how the changes affect the car. If you need help ask, their are plenty of knowledgable people on this board who can help. Also you can go to http://www.LS1tuning.com/forums/ it is specifcally for LS1 edit.