Sponsored by:

New tune after Trickflows

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New tune after Trickflows

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to see if someone smarter then myself wouldn't mind donating a minuet of their time to take a look at my tune and see if you notice anything I may have missed or possibly messed up on.

I just went from full bolt-ons to a set of TFS215's and a custom grind 235/243* 62x/.62x" 112lsa and a ported 90mm fast so my tune was way off. I used what little bit I have learned about tuning as well as looking at my buddies tune as a guideline for my starter tune. I guess I did something right because it starts and catches idle. but going into gear will stall it out and it hunts for idle coming off a small rev. I went for a small drive and besides the response of the new found power (which was WOW ) it doesnt fill totally crisp. was told my be due to the fast intake??

As extensive as this tune needs to be Im not confident I could get it done without a little help and guidance from you guys. I have a wideband, Im just not sure where to start. it seems like the couple of the guides I found have been deemed outdated info, so if someone wanted to help me out with the procedure it would be much appreciated.

Mods include:

TFS215 heads
235/243* 620x/.623" 112+4lsa cam
FAST 90mm intake stage 1 porting
TPIS 90mm TB
stock MAF (I know, I know)
pacesetter headers
TSP true duals
ASP pulley
YT rockers

built 4l60e
ProTorque 2,800 stall
Stock 3.23 gears

Also, anyone know where to start with all these DTC's im throwing? haha
[PCM] P0122 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Immature)
[PCM] P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
[PCM] P1122 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit Intermittent Low Voltage (Pending) (History) (Immature)
[Brake] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History)
[Brake] C0237 - Rear Wheel Speed Signal Erratic (Current)
[Brake] C0240 - (Current)
[Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
[Restraints] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)
[Restraints] U1096 - Loss of Communications with IPC (History) (Immature)

I just went from full bolt-ons to a set of TFS215's and a custom grind 235/243* 62x/.62x" 112lsa and a ported 90mm fast so my tune was way off. I used what little bit I have learned about tuning as well as looking at my buddies tune as a guideline for my starter tune. I guess I did something right because it starts and catches idle. but going into gear will stall it out and it hunts for idle coming off a small rev. I went for a small drive and besides the response of the new found power (which was WOW ) it doesnt fill totally crisp.

Mods include:

TFS215 heads
235/243* 620x/.623" 112+4lsa cam
FAST 90mm intake stage 1 porting
TPIS 90mm TB
30# SVO Red top injectors
stock MAF (I know, I know)
pacesetter headers
TSP true duals
ASP pulley
YT rockers

built 4l60e
ProTorque 2,800 stall
Stock 3.23 gears

Heres the tune im on and an idle scan as it was warming up as well a drive scan.

Thanks again!!
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
3rd start drive h-c.hpl (154.0 KB, 45 views)
second start h-c.hpl (64.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

OK, so I played with the misfire diag tables and adjusted both idle tables and now my Misfire codes are gone.
I also did some reading on the TPS codes and found a post here on Tech, I adjusted my blade set screw opened a little more and now the TPS codes are gone as well.

while doing this I logged for the cold start which was terrible, I had to keep reving and it died 3-4+ times before i finialy got it to somewhat catch. it ran really rough shaking the car until it warmed up a little then the idle cleared up and it ran smooth.

heres a copy of the scan, with WB02. I dont have the initial start or first 3-4 restarts because it lost connection and couldn't reacquire for some reason. this is start, warm up, cruise around the neighborhood to see if the misfire codes pop up, 2second WOT(blew the tires off, but AFR looked good).

whats would cause it to run terrible cold and good with a little temperature?
Attached Files
cold start heads-cam.hpl (65.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this to help startup; use compare to see what I changed and ask questions if you have any.

Your VE looks VERY low around idle. Being too lean can cause idle stability issues as well as the 'dead spot' when you first touch the pedal at idle.
Attached Files
Old 03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks, I loaded it in and it seams to have helped, it didnt run nearly as rough, though surging is still there its not as bad.

I came across another issue I need to address first though. I could hear a excessively loud sucking sound from the from air opening of the lid so I unsnapped it and pulled it off the MAF while it was running and idle speed rose and surging seemed to go away some. it looks as though I've already found a restriction. if its not getting enough air at idle I hate to think about WOT lol. im going to raise the bottom of the lid base to see if it will give me enough air. once it cools off i'll relog and post another startup.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that 'sucking' sound may just be the air being pulled through the IAC.