PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tps high input anyone know how to fix??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tps high input anyone know how to fix??

i have an 02 z28 underdrive, slp maf, and 80mm tb. the car throws 2 codes one is tps high input and the other is maf and tps inconsistant. had them both checked they both function properly. car does the same thing with the stock maf and the slp. so that's not it. noone knows how to fix this problem or what the root of it is??? the car idle sticks when i rev it and when i'm driving and push in the clutch the car idles around 3000, but when i stop it will slowly go back down?? any help would b apprecitated
Old 03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TPS voltage is above 4.75VDC at WOT, that sets the code. Get it down beneath that. Your car is revving up because there is too much airflow. If there is no vacuum leak after this install, then perhaps there is too much base airflow around the blade at 0%TPS. BTW, fix that code. When it pops up, it does it at WOT. What it also does, is kick the car out of PE and it goes nuts lean. Stay easy on the pedal until you get it fixed.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't grind your stop down on your throttle body did you?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no no grinding. by turning the blade it's making it better but not perfect, also put the stock one on and does the same thing but worse.