PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security light stays elimuminated all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Security light stays elimuminated all the time?

Anyone ever have this? It's been like this for almost 2 years now. The damn security light is on at all times. Does not effect the car one bit, just annoying as hell to look at.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Teching In

hey my is always on as well but its because i had the security system disabeled in the computer because my key stopped working, just take off your gauge cluster and unsolder the bulb.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Banned

Naaaaa what has happened is the wire harrness that runs up to the key cylinder for the chip in the key has broken off while you were driving. This sets the light on permanently until its fixed.

If it had broken with the car off or before it started the light would be flashing and it wouldn't start. You can easily bypass it to turn the light off by unplugng the wire harrness at the bottom of the steering columb and inserting the proper resistor that matchs the one in your key.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

What he said. My vats went out the second day I had the damn car, not allowing it to start. So I go and buy the resisters, chop the blue wires to solder in the resister, but figure "what the hell" and tried to start it. She fired right up, but the security light is always on. Some security system VATS is....