4L60E: temp vs. resistance

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E: temp vs. resistance

Hi, folks!

beforehand: sorry for my bad english

I'm in the process to develope a digital transmission fluid temperature (TFT) gauge for my LS1 powered Z28.
I have no information about the OBD2 datastream how to find the TFT live data.
I know that the LS1 PCM can see it and Corvette C5 driver can see it in the DIC.
So I picked up the temp. sensor voltage direct at the PCM connector.

Now I have a massive problem with the temperature vs resistance chart that I have found in the GM shop manual..... there is a mistake - the values in the chart are not correct.

The error is in the "signal volts column", look at 122°F, the voltage is nearly the same at ~40°F:

temp. vs resistance

I looked to other charts from different modell years (Corvette too) but it seems that GM has copied via drag and drop the mistake over the years

So my question: has someone a correct chart for me?

oh well, first trial for a nice oilgauge:
left hand clock, right hand the outside temp and in the middle the 4L60E temp (in theory) all in metric!

the display is from a OPEL Corsa and shows normally RDS Data (radio data system). For data conversion and the first trials I use a ATMEL AVR Starterkit with a ATMEGA16L µController

thanks for input
Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is the data I have; it's similar: GM Delphi / Packard Fluid Temperature Sensor ( ECT / CLT / TFT ) or Coolant Temperature Sensor # 15326386 / 25036979
Attached Thumbnails 4L60E: temp vs. resistance-clt-resistance-graph.gif   4L60E: temp vs. resistance-clt-resistance-chart.gif  

Quick Reply: 4L60E: temp vs. resistance