Sponsored by:

ls1 edit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 02:45 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question ls1 edit?

i been getting the run around from the dyno tuner for 2 months now can i just buy a ls1edit and do it myself or keep waiting for a dyno tune?
Old 10-27-2003, 02:48 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you can, but you will need EFILive and a wideband O2 meter as well. Then you will have to bone up on how to use these tools.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buy ls1 edit and do it yourself... trick is though you'll still need dyno time.. you can tune off the stock O2s but seems kinda hit or miss, some have had great luck tuning off stock O2s, others have found it way off as compared to a WB 02 ....

if the person doing the dyno tune has done alot of LS1s then it'd probably be cheaper and quicker to have them do it (since they'll know exactly what to change and by how much etc...) but if you are a DIYer and enjoy tinkering w/the computer, you could probably tune yourself... would just take longer to get it right and cost more in the long run (since you're paying for ls1 edit and dyno time, and a scanner tool if you want to make changes outside the dyno)

But the advantage of having your own LS1 Edit is that you can make changes on the fly at the track...