Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

recalibrating speedometer....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recalibrating speedometer....

Hey guys I put some 3.73's in my 99 z/28 camaro and need my speedometer re-calibrated. I have a gm tech 2 scanner and was wondering if I could do it with that. I know I could but I would have to find a camaro that came with 3.73s from factory and use its vin number but to my knowledge they didn't make one. Has anyone tried to do it this way? Is there a certain code that people have used and will it work? If not I guess I will take it to a guy and have him tune it.

Thanks,
Sheldon
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

tech 2 will not help you, and no 4th gens came with 3.73 from the factory, you need to have your pcm re-programmed, hand held tuner or send it to someone
Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jay_lt4
tech 2 will not help you, and no 4th gens came with 3.73 from the factory, you need to have your pcm re-programmed, hand held tuner or send it to someone
yes, I knew they didn't come with them. but just wondering if there was a code that might work. but I guess not. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CobraKllr_99
yes, I knew they didn't come with them. but just wondering if there was a code that might work. but I guess not. Thanks.
Just so happens I have a Hypertech PP III I don't need. I purchased it for the same reason years ago, but now I have EFILive and don't need it. I'll sell it to you for a reasonable price. You can adjust a number of things beyond the gears if you like.

http://www.hypertech.com/Products/Po...ogrammer%20III

Quick Reply: recalibrating speedometer....