Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide band question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wide band question

Do i have to get a new bung welded in for a wide band or could i just install one when im just ready to tune or do i have to have one in all the time? Also how do you guys run the wiring in to the car? And is there a o2 wide band that i can just see what its reading on hptuners pro instead of having a gauge and all installed in the car?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

It works best if you install the wb into a bung vs. in the tailpipe. Usually the bungs come with a plug so you don't have to have it installed all the time. That way, you can have it connected only when using hptuners or another tuning suite.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok but how do i run the wiring in side the car so that way the plug would be in there?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or could i just like run it in sd while im tuning and pull out one of the o2 sensors just while im tuning and then adjust it and and then put the o2 back in or am i just heading in the wrong direction?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fuseone
Or could i just like run it in sd while im tuning and pull out one of the o2 sensors just while im tuning and then adjust it and and then put the o2 back in or am i just heading in the wrong direction?
If you are going to do this, just wire the wide band to act as a narrow band. One sensor does two things. You can leave it in, and the car's pcm reads it as if it were a stock o2. But you have an extra set of wires coming into the car to connect to your hptuners interface to monitor wb. Search the screen name soundengineer for a very detailed thread of how to wire it all up.