Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing a A4 to M6

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing a A4 to M6

Just wanted to know if I could do this with HP Tuners or some other tuner.I am converting a auto car to a manual.Can I change my ecm so it knows it has a manual trans?I know I can get it done at the dealer,but I am wanting to purchase a tuner and was hoping someone had this feature.Thanks for the help.Rocky
Old 04-29-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackZ28'S
Just wanted to know if I could do this with HP Tuners or some other tuner.I am converting a auto car to a manual.Can I change my ecm so it knows it has a manual trans?I know I can get it done at the dealer,but I am wanting to purchase a tuner and was hoping someone had this feature.Thanks for the help.Rocky
You can do it with any of the popular tuning software, with HPTuners you can just send them your stock file...and a file from the same year with a 6 speed (which you can find on the repository) and ask their customer service to swap the transmission segment. With EFILive I think you can do it on your own...not sure though as I don't have it, I just have HPTuners.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

Yes you can do it yourself with efilive... i just did it recently with mine.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
You can do it with any of the popular tuning software, with HPTuners you can just send them your stock file...and a file from the same year with a 6 speed (which you can find on the repository) and ask their customer service to swap the transmission segment. With EFILive I think you can do it on your own...not sure though as I don't have it, I just have HPTuners.
You don't have to do all of that; just reflash the PCM with an OEM M6 file of the same year.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Teching In

How is the EFILive compared to HP and the other tuners that are available?