PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Ok, this is kinda long, but I am just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

The car is a Solid Roller Setup w/TH400 and 12bolt. The car has been flashed with an M6 tune, so the car does not throw tranny codes. The car also has a transbrake.

When running at the track I encounter a problem. The car will run fine on some runs and not on others.. Last night it seemed to be every other run. Here is what it is doing:

My revlimiter is set to 7200, but on some runs it will hit a limiter at 5800-6000 rpms. This limiter only seems to hit when I rev slowly. If I am sitting still and rev slowly it will hit the limiter at 5800-6000rpms, but if I blip the gas it will go to the shift light comes on at 7000rpms.

I disconnect the battery and wait approx 10 mins and hook it back up, everything is fine. Then on the next run it does it again.. The car does not cool completely down between runs, but I was giving it atleast 30-45 mins between runs. I have a Service Vehicle light on, but I do not think that could be the culprit (or could it) but I think it is just the nature of the beast.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any ideas on what it could be? I had a guy last night tell me it might be a bad TPS. Said he has seen them get a flat spot or something like that.. Said they are pretty cheap, so I might try that.....

Any help is appreciated........
Old 11-02-2003, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of views, any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTT, should I replace the tps sensor? Any other ideas?