PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Adding greentops, how to tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009 | 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

Default Adding greentops, how to tune?

I am adding greentops to my cammed setup. Running mafless sd right now. What all needs to be done to put these in?

So far I plan to plug in ifr, i have min pulse width and voltage offsets from manufacturer. Is that all i need to do.
Old 05-16-2009 | 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

when I installed my red tops all i done was re-scale the IFR table....I cant say its the right way to do it,but it worked for me....just remember the svo injectors are rated at ford fuel pressure which is normally 39-40 ps1...we are at 58.....
Old 05-18-2009 | 12:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Adjusting the IFR is a must. And as mentioned above, yup, you do have to adjust for different fuel rail pressure vs. Ford's rating. If your car has already been tuned and all you're doing is adjusting for different injectors, this should be a breeze. If not, shameless plug follows...

If you're unsure of how to do this, our tuning book, Master EFI Tuner, shows you in detail how to make the above changes. If you have a cam in the car, it'll also show you how to improve the idle and correct for idle surge and target idle speed overshoot/undershoot (among many other things).
Cheers!