Sponsored by:

Help please, PCM Questions...Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help please, PCM Questions...Newbie

Ok, I was detailing my engine and as I was looking at my PCM... questions donned on me. I got a new PCM in my 00 WS6...I think it was in 05-06 timeframe. (I don't feel like going through my 1000 receipts, or calling the Pontiac GM dealer right now since I received bad service from them in the past and I have LS1TECH gu ru's I can ask) anyhow, I bought a jeg chip in 02. From what I remember it really didn't seem like it fit right, but I made it fit. I did notice improvement. Once a year I degreased/detailed (brings me to another question...I will ask last) my engine and I covered the PCM up everytime I think, except for once. Anyhow...bare we me please. Problems started with my car in 05-06 timeframe. Engine light. The GM dealer told me that my PCM got wet and shorted, never showing me the bad PCM. I guess the chip allowed water leeks into the PCM from what he said. Anyhow...sorry...My questions; "Is a TA, or Firebird PCM the same as a WS6 TA PCM?!" V8 of course. What is a quick way to find out what PCM I have if there is more than one besides calling the shady Pontiac GM dealer tech? Just curious. Recently I got the Diablo programmer and seen results with the SLP tune when I use it on the track, great results actually. Why are there so many people saying that you loose power with these programmers? Last, damn this is like biography! Sorry. Do you really need to degrease the engine since: 1. You have a hood...duh. 2. You want a engine to have oil/grease, correct me if I'm wrong? I guess its more for engines that are use in BAH HAing? Did I say that right? Damn, I need to go to a VoTech school! Thanks.

JJT
Old 05-23-2009, 06:45 AM
JJT
On The Tree

Come oOOOOOOOOOOn.!..help please....with sugar on top? Anybody, Somebody...pleeeeeeeeeeese. Tooooooooooooooooooodayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Someones got to be out there....Lingenfelter............................. .........help me...............................please....?

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

what. .
Old 05-23-2009, 06:48 PM
11 Second Club

the 99-2002 camaro or firebird computer will work in your car just fine... dont use piggy back chips as they suck ***.