Sponsored by:

Using the Tech2/experiment

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using the Tech2/experiment

I have a couple of interesting questions for you tuner heads

I will take my ls2 4l65e c3 conversion to the streets tommorow. With me i'll be having my gm Tech2 to watch for how the car behaves, if one can say so.

What am i to look for in the drivetrain/engine menu?
When diagnosing the vehicle I use the 06 caddy ctsv to start the testing.
The entire drivetrain is controlled by controller kits from GM i suspect running a kindda boring mail order tune!
Im thinking of spark advance, intake air temp, 02's and what else?

The reason for doing this is to see how they have made the base file, to later buy HPTuners and tune it for more performance. However, the HPtuners is not in hand so let me know where to get one cheap, and i will try making a tune. Im reading up on everthing now, but real life experience is first class teaching

I will also do an emissions test to see how it does. And to get a picture of the a/f ratio. Can I in any way see the air/fuel ratio in the tech2 it would be of a big help also.

Anyways, chime in with what could be interesting to know and check for and i will watch for it.

Last thing.. Im also calibrating the tcu so i will definitely look at the tps as the part throttle shifting is too early. And try and lower my shift rpm's from 6200 to 6000 to see if it will make it faster in the 1/4mile and other experiments. Read the line pressure was 200 at max? A gtech will be monitoring my runs. Gotta love the gtech

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Najania; 05-29-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: grammer