Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My exhaust "POP!"/DFCO posts, update

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default My exhaust "POP!"/DFCO posts, update

For those familiar w/ my DFCO & exhaust POP tuning posts over the past 6 weeks or so. Here is an update.

Turned out to be a bad coil on #2. My tuning software is dampened to the pint where it is near impossible to alarm (CEL) a missfire. So, after doing everything under the Sun, tuning wise, to eliminate the problem, went back & read both sets of plugs used while the trouble existed & #2 on both sets was fouled. Checked the coil w/ an ignition light & it wasn't firing. Wiring from PCM tested good. Coil was replace & exhaust POP has been corrected.

Other thing that had made it difficult is when I found the injector wiring poblem on #8 & then thought that it was the only problem.

All is much improved & ended up w/ the updated design Accel 30# injectors, a better idle & DFCO tune, & more experience.

Thanks all for the assistance.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Execellent! Glad you found the problem and are willing to share with the rest of the forum a very important lesson. We can do wonderful things with the tuning products availible today but none of them can fix a broken vehicle.

Quick Reply: My exhaust "POP!"/DFCO posts, update